Re: fchdir not implemented in NeXTSTEP/OPENSTEP

In article <199703280022.TAA07810@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Leo Turetsky  <leo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi! I've been trying to compile zsh 3.1.1 for NeXTSTEP 3.3 and/or OPENSTEP
>4.1. Everything compiles cleanly except for two lines which call the function
>fchdir. NeXTSTEP/OPENSTEP do not implement the fchdir system call...

I just joined this mailing list to research this very problem.

fchdir is also not implemented on Ultrix, SCO v3.2, and AIX 3.2.5, as far
as I can tell.  I tried scanning the archives for patches that might
rectify this, but possibly I missed something.

If there is any solution for this problem I would appreciate hearing about
it.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@xxxxxxx			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."