Re: fchdir not implemented in NeXTSTEP/OPENSTEP

> In article <199703280022.TAA07810@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Leo Turetsky  <leo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Hi! I've been trying to compile zsh 3.1.1 for NeXTSTEP 3.3 and/or OPENSTEP
> >4.1. Everything compiles cleanly except for two lines which call the function
> >fchdir. NeXTSTEP/OPENSTEP do not implement the fchdir system call...
>
> I just joined this mailing list to research this very problem.
>
> fchdir is also not implemented on Ultrix, SCO v3.2, and AIX 3.2.5, as far
> as I can tell.  I tried scanning the archives for patches that might
> rectify this, but possibly I missed something.

I also noticed this as I now have to use AIX 3.2.5 at work (but it will be
upgraded to 4.1.? till June).  I made some ugly dirty hacks to circumvent
the problem.  I do not have the patch here at home, but I'll post it
tomorrow.

I thought that fchdir was a standard function, mandated by POSIX.1.
Anyway, an OS which calls itself Unix and does not have fchdir is really
broken in my opinion.  Fortunately AIX 4.x already has this.

Zoltan