Re: bug?!?

On 4 Jun 1997 23:57:11 +1000, Xander van Wiggen wrote:
:First of all: THANKS FOR ZSH!
:However, I've encountered the following:
:2. In zsh 3.0.2, NOBADPATTERN does not seem to work, at least not in
:   interactive mode. I do not know if this is a 'feature' or something obvious
:   that I overlooked, but if I do "mdir a:*.txt" with BAD_PATTERN switched OFF,
:   zsh tells me that it can't find a match in the current directory.
:   This is not a problem caused by mdir, it happens with echo too:
:   % setopt nobadpattern
:   % echo foo*
:   zsh: no matches found: foo*
:   In bash this example simply prints "foo*" on the screen.

Neither of those were bad patterns.  Perhaps you want:  NO_NOMATCH
A bad pattern is something like
% echo [100-

--
Geoff Wing [mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]   Technical Manager
  Phone    : +61-3-9818 2977         PrimeNet - Internet Consultancy