Re: PATCH: 3.1.5 - (Sven) Case-insensitive globbing

>Approximate matching could either use the auto-correct code, or could
>use something like whatever agrep uses.  In the latter case, it would
>have an optional integer parameter too, so "(#a1)readme" would match
>"Readme" and "read.me", but to match "read", you'd need "(#a2)readme".

Great idea.  If this can be implemented cleanly, it's in.  Let's be the
first shell with approximate pattern matching (and approximate globbing)
as a standard feature.

>Hmm, maybe this could provide a way to configure the autocorrection
>feature too?

Maybe.  The autocorrection could be implemented as a shell function,
which by default uses fuzzy globbing to generate corrections.  Is this
what you have in mind?

-zefram