Re: PATCH: 3.1.5 - (Sven) Case-insensitive globbing

"Zefram" <zefram@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >Hmm, maybe this could provide a way to configure the autocorrection
> >feature too?
>
> Maybe.  The autocorrection could be implemented as a shell function,
> which by default uses fuzzy globbing to generate corrections.  Is
> this what you have in mind?

Yes.  And, if autocorrection used completion-type widgets/functions
which knew their context, then they could allow different amounts of
fuzziness.

For example, there are lots of cases where I want to give filenames
which don't exist, so (#a1) would be appropriate, but I rarely want to
(interactively) expand a variable which doesn't exist, so it might
make sense to try harder to find a variable name which exists.  (This
isn't file globbing, of course.)

And such patterns might be useful as a last-resort in completion too.