PATCH: 3.1.5: doc fix, was re: Case-insensitive globbing

"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> zsh% echo zsh-3.1.5/((#i)src|doc)/make*
>
> Should the case-insensitivity end at the )/ or not?  (I just got these
> patches compiled, and presently it does stop at close of group, which I
> think is good.)

This is supposed to be explicit in the documentation in the original
patch.

> } everything between the / and the next ) is ignored. [...]
> } Documenting it might be an idea.
>
> Yes.

The patch below adds a few lines mentioning the limitation.

> Hm.  I don't think grouping needs to work inside the command word, but
> there should not be an implicit word break before the paren:
>
> zagzig<7> echo(config.|stamp-)h
> config.h stamp-h
>
> Rather I'd expect to see some sort of parse error, or command-not-found.

I suppose it's for people to be able to do things like `if(test...)'
without typing all those time-consuming spaces.

*** Doc/Zsh/expn.yo.group	Tue Nov  3 13:32:28 1998
--- Doc/Zsh/expn.yo	Fri Nov  6 11:54:52 1998
***************
*** 777,782 ****
--- 777,785 ----
  If the tt(KSH_GLOB) option is set, then a
  `tt(@)', `tt(*)', `tt(+)', `tt(?)' or `tt(!)' immediately preceding
  the `tt(LPAR())' is treated specially, as detailed below.
+ Note that grouping cannot currently extend over multiple directories:
+ a `tt(/)' separating a directory terminates processing of the current
+ group; processing resumes after the end of the group.
  )
  item(var(x)tt(|)var(y))(
  Matches either var(x) or var(y).

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/
Dipartimento di Fisica, Via Buonarotti 2, 56100 Pisa, Italy