Re: Symbols in executable available to dynamic stuff

On Nov 14,  6:18pm, Geoff Wing wrote:
} Subject: Symbols in executable available to dynamic stuff
}
} Way, way back in Zefram's patch 3038 came aczsh.m4 and this gem:
} zsh_SYS_DYNAMIC_EXECSYMS:
}     Check whether symbols in the executable are available to dynamically
}     loaded libraries.
}
} If yes, then we don't build a dynamic zsh.  What's the danger here?

Eh?  I can't find the "if yes, don't build dynamic" code to which you
refer.  The only thing this is used for as far as I can tell is as one
of two tests to find out whether it's safe/possible to strip the binary
after compiling it with dynamic linkage.