Re: Symbols in executable available to dynamic stuff

Bart Schaefer wrote about Re: Symbols in executable available to dynamic stuff:
:On Nov 14,  6:18pm, Geoff Wing wrote:
:} Subject: Symbols in executable available to dynamic stuff
:} Way, way back in Zefram's patch 3038 came aczsh.m4 and this gem:
:} zsh_SYS_DYNAMIC_EXECSYMS:
:}     Check whether symbols in the executable are available to dynamically
:}     loaded libraries.
:} If yes, then we don't build a dynamic zsh.  What's the danger here?
:Eh?  I can't find the "if yes, don't build dynamic" code to which you
:refer.  The only thing this is used for as far as I can tell is as one
:of two tests to find out whether it's safe/possible to strip the binary
:after compiling it with dynamic linkage.

>From memory, look in configure.in, just after the test it will test
the result via != yes and if so, set L=L, otherwise L=N  (as in @L@IBZSH)
Now, in Src, we're either building LIBZSH (which builds libzsh.*) or NIBZSH
(which doesn't.)
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>            Mobile : 0412 162 441
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/