Re: PATCH: tcsetpgrp test switch

A short time ago, at a computer terminal far, far away, Clint Adams wrote:
>> One reason "why not" may be that it's better to err on the side of no job
>> control rather than broken job control; but perhaps in that case we should
>> try something more clever -- such as, build in the job control functions
>> but default the state of the option to NO_MONITOR.
>
>If someone with BeOS can confirm that test -t 0 works then I
>don't see why not.

Yes, "test -t" does appear to work under BeOS R4.5:

   $ /bin/sh
   sh-2.02# test -t 0; echo $?
   0
   sh-2.02# test -t 1; echo $?
   0
   sh-2.02# test -t 2; echo $?
   0
   sh-2.02# test -t 3; echo $?
   1
   sh-2.02# test -t 0 < /dev/null; echo $?
   1
   sh-2.02# test -t 1 > /dev/null; echo $?
   1
   sh-2.02# test -t 2 2> /dev/null; echo $?
   1

--
Will Day     <PGP mail preferred>     OIT / O&E / Technical Support
willday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            Georgia Tech, Atlanta 30332-0715