Re: Nasty bug in array-element typeset assignments

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> Urgh. Is that really that useful? I think it'd be better to save the
> extra mess in the code and disallow it with roughly what you get by
> adding this:
>
>        } else if (on & PM_LOCAL && locallevel) {
>            zerrnam(cname,
>                    "%s, can't create local array elements", pname, 0);
>            return NULL;
>
> after the similar bit for readonly inside the strchr(pname, '[') test in
> typeset_single.

Something like that would definitely be my preference.

> Incidentally, I get a couple of test failures with the latest CVS - on
> with _arguments and the other for posixbuiltins.

I get the _arguments one --- it seems to be just a matter of change of
spacing, so possibly the test itself needs updating.

I don't get the one for posixbuiltins --- and there isn't much possibility
of variation at that point, so I can't offer an explanation.

*** /tmp/zsh.ztst.out.21154     Thu Jul 26 12:42:36 2001
--- /tmp/zsh.ztst.tout.21154    Thu Jul 26 12:42:36 2001
***************
*** 1,2 ****
! NO:{-+ -- opt}
! NO:{-+  -- opt}

CSR Ltd., Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0XL, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.