Re: zsh 4.0.2 (powerpc-apple-darwin1.4)

On 10/7/01 4:50 AM, "Zefram" <zefram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris Gehlker wrote:
>> I'm a rank newbie but I got zsh 4.0.2 to build on Darwin1.4/Mac OSX 10.1 by
>> commenting out two lines in the makefile that configure generated. The two
>> lines were:
>>
>> # LIBLDFLAGS      =  -s
>> # EXELDFLAGS      =  -s
>>
>> In the compilation section.
>
> configure goes to some effort to avoid using the -s flag where that
> wouldn't work.  Could you send us the complete output from the configure
> script?

I reran configure and piped the output to configure.out. I'm attaching that
file. I hope this is what you want. If it isn't, just let me know.

I doubt it's relevant, but I'm running Darwin on HFS+ which is case
insensitive.

>> Make install didn't seem to to be set up for Darwin so I installed the
>> binaries and man pages by copping them over the zsh 3.0.8 equivalents which
>> comes installed with Darwin. This was basically putting the binaries in /bin
>> and the man pages in /usr/share/man/man1/
>
> Are these locations the only thing that was wrong in the generated
> Makefiles?  If so, you can arrange for "make install" to do what you
> want by invoking configure as
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --exec-prefix=
>
> -zefram

That's really good to know. (And it  was probably documented) I just forged
ahead until I noticed that install was creating a bunch of new directories.
I don't want to give the impression that install didn't work. It just put
things in different directories than where the old zsh files were. Zsh
would work when I pointed terminal at it. Of course man was still showing
the version 3 files.

I'm surprised that Apple is still including zsh 3.0.8 with their brand new
Darwin 1.4

I hope this helps. Please write back if I can do any more testing.
--
Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves. -Abraham
Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S (1809-1865)

creating cache ./config.cache configuring for zsh 4.0.2 checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin1.4 checking for gcc... no checking for cc... cc checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works... yes checking whether the C compiler (cc ) is a cross-compiler... no checking whether we are using GNU C... yes checking whether cc accepts -g... yes checking whether large file support needs explicit enabling... no checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E -traditional-cpp checking whether cc needs -traditional... no checking for working const... yes checking for Cygwin environment... no checking for mingw32 environment... no checking for executable suffix... no checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... checking whether to use prototypes... yes checking for working alloca.h... no checking for alloca... yes checking if the compiler supports union initialisation... yes checking if signed to unsigned casting is broken... no checking if the compiler supports variable-length arrays... yes checking what to set MAXJOB to... 50 checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking for mawk... no checking for gawk... no checking for nawk... no checking for awk... awk checking whether ln works... yes checking for yodl... no checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes checking for opendir in -ldir... no checking for ANSI C header files... yes checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes checking whether stat file-mode macros are broken... no checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes checking for sys/time.h... yes checking for sys/times.h... yes checking for sys/select.h... yes checking for termcap.h... no checking for termio.h... no checking for termios.h... yes checking for sys/param.h... yes checking for sys/filio.h... yes checking for string.h... yes checking for memory.h... yes checking for limits.h... yes checking for fcntl.h... yes checking for libc.h... yes checking for sys/utsname.h... yes checking for sys/resource.h... yes checking for locale.h... yes checking for errno.h... yes checking for stdlib.h... yes checking for unistd.h... yes checking for sys/capability.h... no checking for utmp.h... yes checking for utmpx.h... no checking for sys/types.h... yes checking for pwd.h... yes checking for grp.h... yes checking for poll.h... no checking for sys/mman.h... yes checking for netinet/in_systm.h... yes checking for dlfcn.h... no checking for dl.h... no checking for conflicts in sys/time.h and sys/select.h... no checking POSIX termios... yes checking TIOCGWINSZ in termios.h... yes checking for sys/ptem.h... no checking for printf in -lc... yes checking for pow in -lm... yes checking for library containing tgetent... none required checking for library containing yp_all... none required checking for dlopen in -ldl... no checking for cap_get_proc in -lcap... no checking for socket in -lsocket... no checking if an include file defines ospeed... no checking if you must define ospeed... yes checking return type of signal handlers... void checking for pid_t... yes checking for off_t... yes checking for ino_t... yes checking for mode_t... yes checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes checking for size_t... yes checking if long is 64 bits... no checking if off_t is 64 bit... yes checking if ino_t is 64 bit... no checking if compiler has a 64 bit type... long long checking for a corresponding unsigned 64 bit type... unsigned long long checking for sigset_t... yes checking for struct timezone... yes checking for struct utmp... yes checking for struct utmpx... no checking for ut_host in struct utmp... yes checking for ut_host in struct utmpx... no checking for ut_xtime in struct utmpx... no checking for ut_tv in struct utmpx... no checking for d_ino in struct dirent... yes checking for d_stat in struct dirent... no checking for d_ino in struct direct... no checking for d_stat in struct direct... no checking for sin6_scope_id in struct sockaddr_in6... yes checking if we need our own h_errno... no checking for strftime... yes checking for difftime... yes checking for gettimeofday... yes checking for select... yes checking for poll... no checking for readlink... yes checking for lstat... yes checking for lchown... no checking for faccessx... no checking for fchdir... yes checking for ftruncate... yes checking for fseeko... yes checking for ftello... yes checking for mkfifo... yes checking for _mktemp... no checking for waitpid... yes checking for wait3... yes checking for sigaction... yes checking for sigblock... yes checking for sighold... no checking for sigrelse... no checking for sigsetmask... yes checking for sigprocmask... yes checking for killpg... yes checking for setpgid... yes checking for setpgrp... yes checking for tcsetpgrp... yes checking for tcgetattr... yes checking for nice... yes checking for gethostname... yes checking for gethostbyname2... yes checking for getipnodebyname... no checking for inet_aton... yes checking for inet_pton... no checking for inet_ntop... no checking for getlogin... yes checking for getpwent... yes checking for getpwnam... yes checking for getpwuid... yes checking for getgrgid... yes checking for getgrnam... yes checking for initgroups... yes checking for nis_list... no checking for setuid... yes checking for seteuid... yes checking for setreuid... yes checking for setresuid... no checking for setsid... yes checking for memcpy... yes checking for memmove... yes checking for strstr... yes checking for strerror... yes checking for cap_get_proc... no checking for getrlimit... yes checking for setlocale... yes checking for uname... yes checking for signgam... yes checking for putenv... yes checking for getenv... yes checking for brk... yes checking for sbrk... yes checking for pathconf... yes checking for sysconf... yes checking for tgetent... yes checking for tigetflag... no checking for tigetnum... no checking for tigetstr... no checking for setupterm... no checking for working strcoll... yes checking if tgetent accepts NULL... yes checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes checking for getpagesize... yes checking for working mmap... yes checking for munmap... yes checking for msync... yes checking whether getpgrp takes no argument... yes checking for dlopen... no checking for dlerror... no checking for dlsym... no checking for dlclose... no checking for load... no checking for loadquery... no checking for loadbind... no checking for unload... no checking for shl_load... no checking for shl_unload... no checking for shl_findsym... no checking what style of signals to use... POSIX_SIGNALS checking where signal.h is located... /usr/include/sys/signal.h checking where the RLIMIT macros are located... /usr/include/sys/resource.h checking if rlim_t is longer than a long... yes checking if rlim_t is a quad... yes checking for rlim_t... yes checking for /dev/fd filesystem... /dev/fd checking for RFS superroot directory... no checking whether we should use the native getcwd... no checking for NIS... no checking for NIS+... no checking for utmp file... /var/run/utmp checking for wtmp file... /var/log/wtmp checking for utmpx file... no checking for wtmpx file... no checking for brk() prototype in ... yes checking for sbrk() prototype in ... yes checking for ioctl prototype in ... yes checking for mknod prototype in ... no checking if named FIFOs work... yes checking if echo in /bin/sh interprets escape sequences... no checking if link() works... yes checking if kill(pid, 0) returns ESRCH correctly... yes checking if POSIX sigsuspend() works... yes checking if tcsetpgrp() actually works... yes checking if getpwnam() is faked... no checking base type of the third argument to accept... int creating ./config.modules updating cache ./config.cache creating ./config.status zsh configuration ----------------- zsh version : 4.0.2 host operating system : powerpc-apple-darwin1.4 source code location : . compiler : cc preprocessor flags : executable compiler flags : -Wall -Wno-implicit -Wmissing-prototypes -O2 executable linker flags : -s library flags : -lm -lc installation basename : zsh binary install path : /usr/local/bin man page install path : /usr/local/man info install path : /usr/local/info functions install path : /usr/local/share/zsh/4.0.2/functions See config.modules for installed modules and functions. creating Config/defs.mk creating Makefile creating Doc/Makefile creating Etc/Makefile creating Src/Makefile creating Test/Makefile creating config.h