Slang instead ncurses

    Hello zsh-workers :))

    I haven't took a deep look at the code, but I think that ncurses
is used only in the terminfo module and, obviously, in the few screen
handling routines of zsh, and I will make a suggestion: how about
switching to slang? I think that it's fully ncurses compatible, less
bloated and full featured.

    I don't know if it is really needed, because I don't know the use
of ncurses throughout the zsh code, but IMHO slang is far better.

    Moreover: how is curses used in zsh? Is *really* needed to make
zsh dependent of the curses library or could it statically link the
few needed parts?

    I keep on with my idea of putting zsh into a tiny embedded system
O:))) Thanks in advance for you opinion :)

    Raúl