Re: completion in quotes - " vs ' - no suffix added

On May 6, 11:54am, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
} Subject: completion in quotes - " vs ' - no suffix added
}
}   "-E[exclude path(s) from backup]:paths to exclude from
} backup:->quoted_path" \
}   "-I[path(s) to backup]:paths to inlcude in backup:->quoted_path" \
                                    ^^^^^^^
				    You might want to fix that before
				    you commit this completion ...
}
} bor@itsrm2% mondoarchive -I "a\\ b
} Completing file
} a\\ b   c\\ d
}
} no suffix added.

Hmm.  It's slightly worse than that ...

schaefer<510> functions _foo
_foo () {
        local suf="/ \t\n"
        [[ -n $compstate[quote] ]] && { suf="$compstate[quote]$suf"
                compset -q }
        _files -r $suf
}
schaefer<511> compdef _foo foo
schaefer<512> ls
don't stop/  rmthat/
schaefer<514> foo '<TAB>
Completing file
don\'\''t\ stop   rmthat/
schaefer<514> foo "<TAB>
Completing file
don\\'t\\ stop   rmthat/

Wrong number of backslashes in both cases; that's why the trailing suffix
didn't get added.  This looks similar to the problem we had with _values,
that Sven patched in 16998.

Same thing happens in 4.0.1, by the way, so this is not a new problem.