Re: Two questions about Zle

    Hi Bart :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> } The question is: has Zle any standard tags too for configuring it?
> No.  All zstyles are interpreted by shell functions, so only those
> widgets that are implemented as shell functions are configurable in
> this way.  The builtin widgets are only affected by setopts, if by
> anything.

    OK. I thought, for the userfriendly guide, that there was some
kind of standard tags.

> } Is there any future plan of making Zle a library so the poor
> } readline-damaged software out there has a good and really powerful
> } editor?
> This is practically a FAQ.

    I supposed: such a good line editor is a good candidate ;)))

> No, there is no such plan; the operation of
> zle does depend on zsh internals that cannot be externalized.

    What a pity :((( Zle is far better than any other line editor
I've seen. Much better than readline, no doubt, and more powerful
than libedit.

    Thanks for your answers :))

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--