Re: [BUG] some zsh completion fail in some cases if more than 9 jobs

Felix Rosencrantz wrote:
> I reported that I would double the value of MAXJOBS in my builds,
> which helped me.   Though it might be nice to have a more dynamic solution.

I've been looking at this.  The big problem is the possibility that
something in the shell is holding onto a pointer to a job struct when
you reallocate the job table.  I can get around this when freeing up by
relegating this to the top level.  However, when we need to expand the
table we are deep down inside the shell before we have any inkling that
this is nececessary.

It looks like we might get a way with it, since the only point where we
inititialiase a new job is at the top of execpline(), where it's
benign.  However, I'm not at all sure we can guarantee the state of
functions lower down the call stack (where the current function is at the
top) at that point.  This might take a lot of investigation.  Doing it
comprehensively would be hell, but maybe putting in debug tests will be
sufficient.

Doubling MAXJOB to 100 is much easier.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com