Re: PATCH: widget called when zle starts.

On Dec 12, 10:53pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} If it's really this simple, it's definitely worth having.

I'm a bit concerned that this is going to be called at unexpected times,
such as every pass around a "select" loop, or right before printing the
to PS2 prompt, etc.  Normally I'd think one only wants it called before
the first PS1 prompt, at approximately the same time as precmd.

A comment on the example:

} +example(zle-line-init() { zle -K vicmd; }

It might be worth mentioning that this is the same as

    zle-line-init() { zle vi-cmd-mode }

(The trailing ';' isn't necessary, is it?)