Re: autoconf 2.5 (Re: PATCH: terminfo horor)

* Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> [Dec 19. 2003 12:14]:
> > Ok, I've tweaked the buildenvironment to not having ncurses-devel, and
> > without it:
> >
> > gcc  -s -rdynamic -o zsh main.o  `cat stamp-modobjs`   -ldl -lnsl -lm -lc
> > utils.o(.text+0x2aa9): In function `gettempname':
> > : the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
> > init.o(.text+0x1277): In function `init_term':
> > : undefined reference to `tgetent'
>
> Is termcap still available?  I can't see it in the link line, which is
> suspicious.  What did configure say when it was looking for tgetent
> and tigetflag (from config.log)?

Well, termcap is available, but detection fails because termcap.h is in
/usr/include/termcap/termcap.h and the .so and .a libs are in
/usr/{lib,lib64}/termcap/

So the termcap.h test should use -I $INCLUDE/termcap and the
conftest programs should use -L $LIBDIR/termcap as well.

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic