Strange bug when completing [ in file names

Hi,

I have a very strange problem when completing files in directories under my home directory. The problem only occours when I start the file name with ~ and have a [ somewhere in the file name. Some short test case:

$ cd
$ mkdir testcase
$ touch testcase/file\[stuff{1,2,3,4,5}
$ ls ~/testcase/<TAB>

Now the following happens:
1. zsh inserts file\[stuff and stops - OK
2. I press <TAB> another time because I still can't remember the names of the files, zsh changes the output to the following:

$ ls /home/tobias/testcase/file\[stuff
---- all expansions
/home/tobias/testcase/file\[stuff
---- original
~/testcase/file\[stuff

Now what has happened here? Can anyone give me a clue? I have the impression that worked in an older version of zsh, but I can't remember. If that is relevant I will try with older versions.

Using zsh 4.2.3 on Debian GNU/Linux sid(unstable).

Greetings Tobi

--
GPG-Key 0xE2BEA341 - signed/encrypted mail preferred
My, oh so small, homepage: http://portfolio16.de/