Re: Strange bug when completing [ in file names

On Jan 16, 11:22pm, Tobias Gruetzmacher wrote:
}
} $ ls /home/tobias/testcase/file\[stuff
} ---- all expansions

What's the value of your completer style?

My guess is that the _expand completer is spotting the '[' and deciding
that it's a pattern character, and therefore generating matches, so none
of the completers that are listed after _expand gets a chance to run.

This is different in 4.2.x and 4.0.x, but I'm not sure if the difference
is because of a change in the default behavior of the accept-exact style,
or if it's an unintentional consequence of a change in parameter expansion.