Re: Parse errors don't cause a non-zero exit code?

Dan Nelson wrote:
> A related comment: The zsh documentation uses all six combinations of
> "{exit,return} {code,value,status}", making it hard to search :(

I've committed a very dull patch to standardise on "status" for return
and exit statuses.

It's still not completely consistent about distinguishing an exit status
(the value returned by a command as seen by the caller) from a return
status (the value returned by a function or builtin as seen by the
command itself), but that would take more thought; what's more, "the
builtin/function returns status X" is a perfectly natural way of saying
"returns the exit status X" given that the command doesn't actually exit
(in the UNIX sense).  In other words, I don't think I want to play any
more.

the system manager.