Re: mkdir -p buldtin is possibly incorrect?

On Jul 14,  9:18pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} > Why do you use "lstat" instead of "stat" in line 130?
} > I have my $HOME symlinked as "/home -> /var/home",
} > so any first attempt to use completion smaps like tths:
} > _store_cache:mkdir:16: cannot make directory `/home': file exists
}
} Yes, it looks like you're right.

Won't stat() return an error on a dangling symlink and therefore make
it appear that no file exists when in fact one does?