dynamic modules without libzsh.so?

Hi,

How does one build the core zsh statically (i.e. with
builtin.o etc as part of the main executable, not in
libzsh-4.2.5.so), while still having zle and zftp
and so on created as loadable modules?

None of the configure invocations I've tried seem
to work, and while config.modules has link=static for
zsh/main that doesn't seem to stop libzsh-($VERSION).so
being built, since this seems to be controlled by
the expansion of Src/Makefile.in.

FWIW, the reason I want to do this is to have a
moveable zsh binary which is not dependent on an
embedded RPATH to the shared lib (and this is on
Solaris 8 where $ORIGIN support is broken).

Thanks

Anthony

PS.  On Solaris with gcc 4 (and I think earlier)
dynamic modules get disabled by default - it's
necessary to set DLLDFLAGS=-shared to override
a default setting of '-G' which doesn't work

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates.