Re: PATCH: multibyte FAQ

On Dec 18, 11:38am, Danek Duvall wrote:
}
} On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 05:13:24PM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > That doesn't have the desired effect for me, because eightBitInput has
} > to be false, which AFAICT means you can't send multibyte characters
} > either.  Am I doing something wrong, or is my xterm version too old?
}
} Not sure, as I haven't actually tried it, and I don't have any non-ascii
} keys on my keyboard to try it anyway, but from my reading of the xterm man
} page (version 205), it might be the case that [...] both eightBitInput and
} metaSendsEscape to true would allow eight-bit characters to be sent cleanly
} to the terminal, and when you type M-<x>, xterm sends ESC-<x>.

When I set them both to true, M-<x> sends an 8-bit character.  When I set
eightBitInput to false and metaSendsEscape to true, M-<x> sends ESC-x.