Re: PATCH: multibyte configuration

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 01:22:11PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> My big problem is with inputting characters from the keyboard: I have
> the Euro and pound sterling, but if you have only ASCII character that
> could be difficult.  The pound (what I call pound, not what I call hash)
> is 0xc2 0xa3 in UTF-8.  It ought to be possible to convince xterm into
> inserting it with some translations trickery:
>
> XTerm*VT100.Translations: #override \
> Shift <KeyPress> F9: string(0xc2) string(0xa3)
>
> did the trick (I tried that under Linux where I know the pound sign
> works).

Okay.  Got that to work on Linux, then, over an ssh connection to work, it
worked just fine on my Solaris box (again, that's with the patch in 22124).
It'll probably have to wait until Monday until I can get in to work and try
it at the console (and see if I can't make use of that compose key I have).

> >     insert-composed-char:1: cannot do charset conversion
>
> Yes, this is the langinfo.h problem.  I think this is fixed by the patch
> in zsh-workers/22085.

Yep, thanks.

Danek