Re: [4.3 CVS] funny output with multibyte

On Feb 2,  2:41pm, Zvi Har'El wrote:
}
} The explanation explains everything, except the percent sign. BTW,
} In my case, I see a reverse-video percent sign printed. What does it
} mean?

It means "this was the end of the output before the prompt was printed."
It's so that you can tell it was the shell that took over at that point,
rather than that some other process output something it wasn't meant to.