Re: PATCH: test output to terminal dehackery

On May 29,  3:43pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} We now have the technology to open a file descriptor for test input and
} terminal output without using up one of the standard shell ones.
} The {fd}<redir> syntax opens up an unused fd from 10 on.

Hrm.  I'm ambivalent about this patch.  The {fd}< syntax is one of the
things that gets tested for correctness quite a bit later on.  If it
doesn't work properly here, could the whole test suite fail?

That is, I'm wondering if the implementation of the test suite should
restrict itself to the most basic shell operations possible and only
the tests themselves employ extended functionality.  There's a reason
e.g. we don't attempt completion tests until after we've tested module

However, I won't make a fuss if no one else cares.