Debian _deb_packages_update_uninstalled() doesn't use cache?

As the subject indicates, this is a problem I have with a Debian
specific completer, but, since it's in CVS, I figured this is the
right place to ask... Let me know if I'm wrong.

Anyway, if I'm reading these functions right, then
_deb_packages_update_avail() and _deb_packages_update_installed() use
the cache, but _deb_packages_update_uninstalled() doesn't - even
though depends upon the cached data of _update_avail() and
_update_installed().  _update_uninstalled() seems to just be filtering
out the available packages (as found by _update_avail()) that are also
installed (as found by _update_installed()) so that they aren't
suggested as possible packages to install.  It seems to me that we're
not caching the operation that's most time consuming, even though it's
outcome is based entirely upon two operations whose outcomes are
cached.  As a result, completion for "aptitude install" (which uses
"_deb_packages uninstalled") is much slower than for "apt-get install"
(which uses "_deb_packages available") on my machine, at least for the
first completion in a newly opened shell.

Anyone have any insight to why _deb_packages_update_uninstalled()
might be doing this, or is this a bug?

~Matt