Re: D03 test hang on cygwin with latest sources

On Nov 20, 11:08pm, Vin Shelton wrote:
}
} Peter -
}
} It looks like something bad happened with your process redirection
} changes.  After building from the latest CVS sources, I ran the
} testsuite and got a hang in D03.  A ZTST_verbose=2 trace follows.
}
} The last time I built the shell on this platform, 2008-10-12, this
} test passed.

I'm not sure historical success means anything here, because there
previously was no test of >(...) except in the context of > >(...).

The pre-existing test for > >(...) has the somewhat cryptic comment

# slightly desperate hack to force >(...) to be synchronous

I note there's no similar synchronicity hack in the new test, and the
debug output is not sufficient to determine whether the shell is in
fact hung, or whether it's in an infinite loop running

  while [[ ! -e outputfield2.txt || ! -s outputfield2.txt ]]; do :; done