Re: zsh git repository?

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 09:59, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Highly unlikely at present.  I don't believe SourceForge supports it (if
> they do, I couldn't find anything about it in a few minutes of poking).

sourceforge.jp does, but the two are not related, afaik. SF.net supports
CVS and SVN, that's it.

That is one of the many reasons why SF.net is dead afaic. If ZSH were
to move to git, I would strongly suggest repo.or.cz. They offer a
'mob' user. This boils down to being able to allow anonymous commit
access to an extra branch called 'mob'. Anyone could then commit
to that branch and just send commit IDs to the mailing list. People
with proper access could cherry-pick the commits into master or
not as they see fit.

Richard

PS: I did not ask to _move_ to git on purpose. But as someone
else brought it up, I decided to chip in. git vs SVN et al is
similar to my zsh vs bash experience back then, though zsh
has a much more gentle learning curve & requires less change
of basic mindset.