Re: globcomplete desctroys file completion

Hallo Bart,

> On Feb 21,  2:18pm, Jorg wrote:
>}
>} when I set the option globcomplete, file completion doesn't work in all
>} cases.
>
> Based just on the _complete_debug output you sent, I'd say that the
> correct thing is happening WITH globcomplete, and without it you're
> somehow getting disambiguation that you shouldn't.
>
> For example, T*/t*/t* should among other files match Tmp/texlive/tlpkg
> and Tmp/texlive2008/tlpkg, but when you complete without globcomplete
> you're offered Tmp/texlive/te as a unique prefix.  How can that be
> correct?

Because the cursor is placed after texlive and I can select between
texlive and texlive2008 before continuing.

>} % zsh -f
>} ibook% autoload -Uz compinit
>} ibook% compinit
>
> You might try using "compinit -D" here when testing, to avoid reading
> an existing zcompdump file.  Probably doesn't matter here.

Thanks for the hint.

>} ibook% print -l T/t/t<TAB>          --> Tmp/texlive/te
>} ibook% setopt globcomplete
>} ibook% print -l T/t/t<TAB>          --> nothing, failure
>} % zsh --version
>} zsh 4.3.9 (powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu)
>}
>} A log for this is available at
>} http://alioth.debian.org/~jo-guest/zsh5117print1
>
> What is helpful in these cases is TWO logs, e.g. one with globcomplete
> set and the other with globcomplete NOT set, for comparison.

I've put these two logs at
http://alioth.debian.org/~jo-guest/zsh-with-globcomplete
http://alioth.debian.org/~jo-guest/zsh-without-globcomplete

Can I somehow else help you?

Bye, JÃrg.
--
Wer A sagt, muà nicht B sagen. Er kann auch erkennen, daà A falsch war.
      	    	      	       	       	    	(Erich KÃstner)