Re: globcomplete desctroys file completion

On Feb 22,  8:36pm, ( Text in unknown character set UTF-8 not shown )  wrote:
} Subject: Re: globcomplete desctroys file completion
}
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > For example, T*/t*/t* should among other files match Tmp/texlive/tlpkg
} > and Tmp/texlive2008/tlpkg, but when you complete without globcomplete
} > you're offered Tmp/texlive/te as a unique prefix.  How can that be
} > correct?
}
} Because the cursor is placed after texlive and I can select between
} texlive and texlive2008 before continuing.

That makes the cursor placement correct but the trailing "e" still not.
However, I think that's unrelated, so let's ignore it.

} I've put these two logs at
} http://alioth.debian.org/~jo-guest/zsh-with-globcomplete
} http://alioth.debian.org/~jo-guest/zsh-without-globcomplete

The line numbers of the functions differ a bit from what I've got out
of the latest CVS, but the problem appears to be the same as what I
outlined in my last two messages.

If I simply comment out the extra -s option in the tmp4 assignment,
then I get the correct completion but the wrong cursor placement:

torch% print T/t/t<TAB>
torch% print Tmp/texlive/t

Cursor is at the end, rather than on the last slash, so if I proceed
into menu completion with another TAB I'm not offered texlive2008 as
a possibility.  Of course that happens withOUT globcomplete as well,
but at least in that case the cursor is at the potential point of
ambiguity.

So there's something wrong with that "tmpdisp" branch of _path_files,
but I'm not yet seeing what.