Re: menu-select interactive mode

At 17:55 -0700 11/04/25, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>No, hitting accept-line takes you entirely out of menu completion,
>so you're starting over with a new menu at that point.

Starting over is OK, but if I want to start over another menu selection,
I need to type, after Return, first TAB and then ESC-m.
If I type ESC-m alone then the command line will be corrupted.

At the beginning of the command line (just after the prompt),
of course I can type "ls ESC-m" (or "ls foo ESC-m") to directly start
the menu selection without hitting TAB before ESC-m.

>It should work to accept-and-hold if you do so *instead* of hitting
>return, but not after.

I hit the key bound to accept-and-hold in the interactive mode without
hitting Return, but it didn't work.
I'm testing a binding like
bindkey -M menuselect '\ek' accept-and-hold