Re: File completion of scp (tentative fix)

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 01:21:50 +0100
Ignacy Gawędzki <zsh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Supposing you have a remote host with a file in the home directory that begins
> with a dash, the completion may fail because the file argument is interpreted
> by ls as an option.
>
> See the attached patch, which adds a -- before the pattern, so that files
> starting with a dash won't possibly be considered as options.  This is the way
> to go with a GNU ls on the other side, but I don't know how other versions
> will interpret that.  Maybe something more sophisticated has to be done to
> remain as generic as possible.

I can't see a problem with that: the "--" has been standard for a long
time.  If it handles "-d1FL" you would think it ought to handle "--".
I've commited it.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog