Re: Regarding emulate: a thought, and refresh my memory?

On Mar 8,  8:38am, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
}
} Sorry, I probably misread this thread (I admit very quickly). I
} just thought it was.
}
} "
} Instead of
} emulate -L zsh
} setopt extendedglob
}
} we could have a new syntax that does
}
} emulate -L zsh -c 'setopt extendedglob'
} "

No, that thread came and went back in January 2009.  The syntax for
"emulate zsh -c ..." is two years old ... but this thread *is* about
making it less necessary to put setopt commands inside the string
that is passed with -c.