Re: intro.ms

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:21:27 +0200
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   For more information, the files Doc/intro.txt or Doc/intro.troff
>   included with the source distribution are highly recommended.  A list
>   of features is given in FEATURES, also with the source.
>
> But these files don't exist at least since we started using cvs, and I
> can't get any man/troff/nroff/*roff variant to produce readable output
> from intro.ms. /README notes that it is based on zsh 2.5 but still a
> good introduction. Does anyone know how to build it, or should we
> remove it and/or the recommendation to read it?

"nroff -ms" is still producing quite readable about for me, and "pdfroff
-ms" produced a usable document which we could distribute in the doc
bundle, but it's not a very sensible source format.  I suppose it would
need to be translated by hand.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog