Re: zsh has migrated cvs -> zsh

At 09:21 -0400 04 Apr 2013, Greg Klanderman <gak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On April 3, 2013 Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

4. git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/zsh/code
   git remote set-url --push origin ssh://${SFUSER}@git.code.sf.net/p/zsh/code

Hi Phil,

Do I need a sourceforge username if I just want a read-only checkout
like I got with cvs :pserver:?

For a read-only checkout you can skip the second command above, that's only needed to allow pushing to the repository. The reason that is needed is that the URL used for cloning and fetching from the repository doesn't do any authentication.

So, no, you do NOT need to have a sourceforge account to checkout the git repository.