Re: One-command mail import with X-Seq: and ChangeLog

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Apr 7,  9:48pm, Simon Ruderich wrote:
> } Don't --amend anything public though, e.g. nothing which is already in
> } origin/master.
>
> Hmm.  Is there some way to effectively make that impossible? I.e., rebase
> after push or something?

I don't think you can do this accidentally, if you're trying to rewrite
history with a push, git will warn you and to actually do it, you'll
have to use "git push --force".

I think we could configure the remote repository to disallow forced
pushes, but I'm not sure if that's required. Just don't --force. :)

Regards, Frank