Re: stty not working

On Sep 2,  5:04pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > Yes, but it appears that user-defined widgets and completion use the
} > global shttyinfo to re-sanitize any time there's an opportunity for
} > an external command to have changed something.
}
} The point here is that you *do* want the external command to change it
} --- but maybe only sometimes.

Certainly, but I don't think the middle of a completion is one of the
times we'd want to allow it to change?

} > So we'd at least need another zle global for this.
}
} not entirely sure another global makes sense anyway --- when would you
} use it that you didn't instead use the existing one? You'd effectively
} have a three-way switch --- zle mode, sane mode, user-defined mode ---
} and defining the way the switch works is going to be difficult

I think there'd still only be two modes, sane and user-defined.  There
isn't any reason I can think of for sane and zle to be distinct.  But
right now we store only sane mode in the global, so to make this work
we'd need to remember user-defined mode as well.

} As long as no one really expects ttyctl to save the state we can drop
} this.

Yeah, sorry, this horse is pining for the fjords.