Re: Can be a module linked to library to which Zsh isn't linked?

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 4,  6:49pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> }
> } What bothers me is that someone who builds zsh against termcap or
> } terminfo loses curses module. Having a bit of separate tests in
> } configure against libraries needed by modules but not zsh itself would
> } solve this. Is Zsh open for such change?
>
> Certainly, we'll take improvements to the configure script.  I've also
> noticed that it checks more than once for some dependencies; there's
> probably a lot that could be done.

I've been using this patch for ages,
http://cgit.mika.l3ib.org/cgit/zsh-cvs/commit/?h=mika&id=c6a582b4c4f84677cb096a8d2223707545779d58
as the commit says, it's a hack though. I remember someone mentioning
when I brought it up last time that there could be systems where the
main binary has to link the libraries, but as far as I know that only
applies if the main binary actually uses symbols from those libraries
directly. I only know about linux libcs though, so maybe I'm wrong. It
would be nice to have the option for it though.

--
Mikael Magnusson