Re: Possible bug in signal handling

On Nov 3,  8:27pm, Dima Kogan wrote:
}
} Thanks for looking at this, Bart. I don't really understand this area in
} detail, but should those changes be necessary? Is it not a bug in zsh
} (and bash, I guess) that the perl process is orphaned?

That's unclear.  The default response to SIGINT is supposed to be that
the process exits, not that it only exits if it has children that have
not yet exited.  If someone wants to pore over the POSIX spec and point
out where it says that rule is countermanded for the shell, go for it.
Otherwise I'd say it's up to the script to change the signal handling
away from the default.

You could also fix it by using "exec perl ..." which in zsh removes the
"inner zsh" from the process tree entirely (in that particular example;
more generally, "exec" the rightmost thing in the pipeline).