Re: Possible bug in signal handling

On 2015-11-03 20:46:34 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> That's unclear.  The default response to SIGINT is supposed to be that
> the process exits, not that it only exits if it has children that have
> not yet exited.

I suppose you meant "if it does not have children...". You're thinking
about IUE (implemented by zsh, unless this has changed in the last few
years), while WCE (implemented by bash) is generally regarded to be
better:

  http://www.cons.org/cracauer/sigint.html

Dima's example may be more complex.

> If someone wants to pore over the POSIX spec and point out where it
> says that rule is countermanded for the shell, go for it.

I don't think that POSIX covers that, otherwise one wouldn't have
the above differences between POSIX shells.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>