Re: edit-command-line, vim, and pasting

On Nov 5, 12:09pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} I'm not quite sure why stdin (but not stdout/stderr) is closed for zle
} widgets but we could generate sequences only for commands executed with
} the tty opened on fd 0. However, it is easier to just handle the case
} specifically in edit-command-line.

OK.  Somewhere (perhaps both in description of the zle_bracketed_paste
variable and in the section on user-defined widgets?) the doc should
note the need to do this end/start thing when running an external
command.

Or maybe as you mentioned there should be a built-in way to do it
safely -- "zle -X command [args]" which does the "exec < /dev/tty"
and wraps the command in the bracketed-paste sequences and possibly
also does an implicit "zle -I"?