Re: compset -q oddities

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 22:20:29 -0700
> Well, no, not really.  "compset -q" should make note that there were
> no quotes when it was called, and therefore not restore any quote on
> the way back out.  There's a comment above compcore.c:307
>
>     /*
>      * It looks like we may need to do stuff with backslashes even
>      * if instring is QT_NONE.
>      */
>
> Peter, that was you in workers/22819, can you explain?

I've no idea what case I was looking at ten years ago, and almost
certainly it was just one of many possibilities.  I do know I gave
up completely on improving this further because it was too horrific.

I think the point is related to the fact that in the case of backslashes
we never know there are no quotes.  We just know if there are individual
backslashes present and not what they mean --- but you can still strip
backslashes on user request, which is what you'll do if asked to strip
quotes and you don't find any other sort.

pws