Re: caching mechanism and Re: PATCH Completion for _yum

"Jun T." wrote:

> _retrieve_cache, line 21:
>     _cache_invalid "$_cache_ident" && return 1

Hmm. I wonder why I had problems with _yum then. Probably isn't worth
spending more time on that aspect of it. I should've pointed out that I'm
happy for a stale cache to cause a variable based cache to be discarded
if that's what you're basically arguing for...
.. just as long as it doesn't involve a difficult to understand conditional
expression that needs repeating in lots of functions.

So, any thoughts on the more important questions that follow later in 40181?

I had held 40173 back anyway. (is printf - warranting a 5.3.1 by the way?)

Oliver