Re: SIGWINCH not respected when terminal size is unchanged

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 09:03:21 -0700

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 6:42 AM, Sheheryar Parvaz
> <skipper308@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This breaks software such as abduco and dtach, as they call
> > SIGWINCH upon reattaching.
>
> Sorry, could you explain exactly what you mean by "not respected" and
> what breakage you observe?
>
> The signal is certainly always trapped, and zsh always checks that
> LINES and COLUMNS match the values returned by TIOCGWINSZ, so the only
> internal difference is whether a reset of the line editor occurs.
> Other processes are not blocked from receiving the signal.  So what
> exactly is wrong?

I was going to ask that, but looking at the code I *suspect* that
the line's not being redrawn, which indeed doesn't happen if the
configuration didn't change.  But this needs confirming.

If that's the case, I'm wondering if there's a reason why the code's
like that --- didn't we have to deal with floods of SIGWINCHs causing
havoc at one point?

pws