Re: SIGWINCH not respected when terminal size is unchanged

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 9:10 AM, Peter Stephenson
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 09:03:21 -0700
> Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, could you explain exactly what you mean by "not respected" and
>> what breakage you observe?
>
> I was going to ask that, but looking at the code I *suspect* that
> the line's not being redrawn, which indeed doesn't happen if the
> configuration didn't change.  But this needs confirming.

Could the line not being redrawn really be described as having broken
the session manager application?

If that's actually the issue, then it should be work-around-able by
something like

TRAPWINCH() { zle -I }

> If that's the case, I'm wondering if there's a reason why the code's
> like that --- didn't we have to deal with floods of SIGWINCHs causing
> havoc at one point?

Yes, in desktop managers where resizing a window provides live
feedback, the shell will receive a rapid stream of SIGWINCHes as the
user drags the window border around.