Re: W02jobs.ztst hangs with zsh 5.6.1

Peter Stephenson wrote on Mon, 10 Sep 2018 16:14 +0100:
> It's unlikely zpty is going to get enough love and attention to be
> robust enough for what we really need here.
>
> I wonder if there is some replacement we could use that someone might
> already know about?  The Python pty module looked like it might be
> usable, but I encountered half a dozen Python-style illogicalities before
> getting a dozen lines into a programme, so we'll need some existing
> script to start with.

Could you explain what that replacement (in Python or anything else)
needs to do?  Are you asking for a program that launches ../Src/zsh in a
pty and then writes the stty(1) 'susp' character to that pty?  (At this
point the program could just send SIGTSTP directly, too; I'm not sure
if that's an option.)