Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install

> On Feb 8, 2021, at 4:57 PM, Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> All right, here is my first draft:
> https://gitlab.com/marlonrichert/zsh-sensible/-/blob/master/zshrc

> setopt HIST_IGNORE_ALL_DUPS # Ensure all history items are unique.
> setopt HIST_REDUCE_BLANKS   # Remove insignificant whitespace.

I know that a lot of people like modifying their history automatically
(including me!), but doing so by default is essentially silent data
corruption. I think this is the kind of thing users need to actively
opt into.

> setopt SHARE_HISTORY        # All simultaneous sessions use the same history.

Similarly, while it's neat if you're into it, in my opinion constant
importing of other sessions' histories is too much action-at-a-distance
to enable without an explicit opt-in.

I haven't really thought about the rest.

vq