Re: Does the zsh shell impact the terminal of cs:go on macOS

Hi Simon, hi Bart,

The CS:GO player on the list uses Linux, not macOS; that won't help ;)

Le mar. 16 févr. 2021 à 20:24, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> I suspect the launcher is making an assumption that the /bin/sh implementation
> is Bash, and therefore using a feature that isn't equivalent in zsh,

Another possibility is that at the same time macOS switched from bash
to zsh, it dropped 32 bits compatibility, which is known to have
broken quite a few things including Steam. Uninstalling Steam and
reinstalling its 64 bits version might be enough to fix the problem
with CS:GO (and other games that have full 64 bits support):

  https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1055-ISJM-8568

> You'll probably have to take this up with Steam support.

I do agree with that. It seems that zsh is mentioned at the very
beginning of most Steam log files because Apple wanted people to know
about the change; it doesn't mean it has anything to do with problems
that may arise later in the logs. The 64 bits version of Steam is
supported under macOS Catalina, so the Steam support team should be in
the best position to help.

Best regards,

--
Jérémie