Re: Bug + patch: `zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=long-list` fails to start menu selection

Marlon Richert wrote on Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 00:26:51 +0200:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 10:17 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thanks.  Haven't reviewed the patch, but assuming it's correct, it'd be
> > great to have this test upgraded to a proper regression test; see
> > Test/README in the source tree.
>
> I would, but I'm unable to build Zsh from source on my Mac and thus
> unable to run the tests. I get this error when I try to run `make

Thanks.

> install.bin install.modules install.fns`:
> ```
> Updated `zsh.mdh'.
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `headers'.  Stop.
> make[2]: *** [headers] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [headers] Error 2
> make: *** [install.bin] Error 2
> ```
>
> Also, my `config.log` file contains a bunch of fatal errors like this:
> ```
> conftest.c:12:34: fatal error: 'foo.h' file not found
> #include <foo.h>
> ```
>
> Help would be appreciated.

Does it say literally "foo" or some other thing?  It's normal for
configure to probe for header names that aren't installed.

If building from git, did you run Util/preconfig?

What was configure's exit code?

Did you run `make` (the default target) first?

Cheers,

Daniel